The Life In Limbo podcast is about building a life you love on the foundation of what’s most important to you. Each week I chat with an interesting person or share my own ideas in order to explore about how we can stay connected to our personal values, measure what matters most to us, listen to our own voices, and create a life we enjoy. Subscribe on iTunes here or see all episodes here.
This week on the podcast I’m talking about one of my favourite reframes (borrowed from the greats, Oprah Winfrey and Byron Katie): the idea that things happen for me, not to me. I also discuss the importance of allowing yourself to feel your feelings before reframing the situation and avoiding spiritual bypassing, and share a few examples of times in my life when this reframing strategy has helped me take more inspired action in the face of tricky circumstances.
- Byron Katie on things happening for you, not to you – she was actually the originator of this quote, which I initially heard on Super Soul Sunday
- Sonja Seiler on Why Everything Reflects Everything
- Deanne Vincent on Reclaiming Your Body
- More information about spiritual bypassing
- 3 Tips for Believing In Abundance (the post with the screenshot!)
- We Can Do Hard Things
Let me know! Did this episode resonate with you? You can reach out and let me know on Instagram or in the comments section below.