Check out my New Year’s Resolutions Quarterly Report to see the progress I’ve made since March!
It’s August 15, which means we are 8 months into 2011, just slightly under 3/4 of the way through this year! As a reminder to myself, I wanted to outline my progress on my resolutions, so that I don’t forget them as I head back to school. Maybe this post can serve as a hint to you too: have you made progress on your resolutions!? How about your goals, wishes, desires, dreams, ideas? If yes: congratulations, I am very proud of you! If no, you still have 3.5 months to go, so get crack-a-lackin’! I know that this post is going to be a kick in my pants, for sure. :)
Post on my blog at least twice a week. This means 52 x 2 = 104 posts this year. At minimum.
- 227 days = 32 weeks. 32 x 2 = 64. Actual total: 39.
- Behind by..a lot! Turns out my summer was more jam-packed than I anticipated. Has it really been 227 days? I have found that since I started Life In Limbo, I’ve been pushing myself harder to create content that is helpful to others and interesting to read. I have been putting many less “fluff” posts, and more quality content. As a result, sometimes I’m all out of inspiration and have to wait for a life lesson to come my way! Hopefully I can bring the total up by the end of the year.
Read 100 books. Not counting anything required for school!
- Current total: 32.5
- Not quite as high as I wanted, but NOT TOO SHABBY! I’m very happy with this regardless.
Get a massage.
- Completed! My first professional massage – ever – in Cancun, Mexico. Mmm. Could go for another right about now.
Spend 1 month eating vegan (at least one, if not more!)
- I spent about two weeks at the beginning of summer eating vegan, on a detox diet. I hope to do another two weeks at some point before the end of the year!
- It’s in November. I’m going to buy my ticket soon!
Complete some kind of physical challenge.
- I had my first hot yoga class this summer, and that was definitely a physical challenge. Other than that, maybe I’ll set a running target distance to complete by the end of the year!
Participate in NaNoWriMo.
- I was going to do Camp NaNoWriMo this August, but then I was on vacation. I’ll set my sights on November.
Watch the Top 250 movies on IMDB (the ones I haven’t already seen!)
- Current total: 74/250. A grand step up from where I was at the beginning of the year, and I’ve seen some really great movies because of this resolution.
Do one cultural activity per month (theatre, opera, restaurant, etc) Save $1000.00 for travelling. Or more, if possible!
- I spent a good chunk of my summer earnings on an incredible trip to Los Angeles, California, with my boyfriend this August. And now the saving starts again, for the next wonderful trip!
Get into the honours psychology program at my school.
- I’m crossing it off, because it’s a no-go. I did NOT get into the honours program. I had great grades and wrote a great essay, but then again, I go to school with extremely intelligent people. I fought valiantly, but did not succeed. (Might make a good blog post – watch out for that one!)
Get a pet of some kind. I’m thinking a fish to start? Maybe a cat later? :)
- Working on it.
Host a dinner party.
Do some sort of detox.
Go on a retreat.
- Just need to find one!
Attend a conference on something I find fascinating.
Have photos and writing published.
- Still working on the photos, but writing has been published!
Find my dream apartment.
- Done! And I live in it. Isn’t that great? :)
Okay, so I realize that these are personal goals, and therefore not of much interest to you! But it’s always nice to write these things publically to have a physical reminder of what I hope to accomplish. Maybe this post has inspired you to set some goals, or take some action steps, or maybe just review your great achievements from this past year. Either way, thanks for listening, as always. Hopefully I’ll be posting some fun new content soon – and stay tuned for a possible Back to School series on the blog! Get excited!
And if you’re not already on the email list, get on it! I skipped July’s update, because I hadn’t written very much, but August’s will (hopefully) be jam-packed.
Have a wonderful day today, okay?