Since we just passed the 1/4 year mark (April 1st), I decided to do a quick roundup of my New Year’s Resolutions. Here’s how it looks for me:
Post on my blog at least twice a week. This means 52 x 2 = 104 posts this year. At minimum.
- 101 days = 14 weeks. 14 x 2 = 28 posts. Actual total: 22 posts.
- Behind by 6. I’m not too worried about this one though, because in the summer I usually increase my posting schedule up to 3-4 times a week!
Read 100 books. Not counting anything required for school!
- Current total: 13 books.
- Behind by 14 books, according to GoodReads.
- Again, I think I can make this up easily during the summer. I fell off the wagon a bit during midterms (which dragged on, and on, and on) but I finally have one on the go again!
Get a massage.
- Maybe I’ll treat myself to one when I’m in Cancun at the end of the month! Reward for finishing exams?
Spend 1 month eating vegan (at least one, if not more!)
- I have this resolution scheduled for the summer. I’m thinking either June or July.
- It’s in November, so I’m not behind on this one yet.
Complete some kind of physical challenge.
- No idea what this one is going to be! First I’d been thinking: half-marathon. Then I was thinking of hiking the West Coast Trail. Anyone have any ideas? I don’t think either of my original ones are in the cards for this year.
Participate in NaNoWriMo.
- Again, this is in November. I have to be careful not to let myself give up on this project again though!
Watch the Top 250 movies on IMDB (the ones I haven’t already seen!)
- I’ve made a lot of progress! Originally I was at 45/250, if I remember correctly; now I’m at 70/250.
Do one cultural activity per month (theatre, opera, restaurant, etc)
- January: Joseph & the Technicolour Dreamcoat Brunch Theatre
- February: Stones in His Pockets; weekend trip to Ottawa; Raptors game; The Second City
- March: dinners out at m:brgr, Lola Rosa, Amelio’s.
- April: weekend trip to Quebec City!
Save $1000.00 for travelling. Or more, if possible!
- Haven’t made a ton of progress on this. I think I’ll funnel a bit of my birthday money into these savings, and the money I make during the summer as well!
Get into the honours psychology program at my school.
- Applications are due in July.
Get a pet of some kind. I’m thinking a fish to start? Maybe a cat later? :)
- Well, I’ve been using the SPCA’s PetFinder iPhone app religiously..we’ll see, come September.
Host a dinner party.
- Just this past Saturday I hosted a dinner party of 6 for wine + chocolate milk, 3 types of gourmet pizza, and sweet potato fries! It was incredible.
Do some sort of detox.
- One of my good friends is planning to do one in May, perhaps I’ll join her? Juice cleanse!
Go on a retreat.
- Haven’t spotted any that I could do yet, but I’ll keep looking!
Attend a conference on something I find fascinating.
- Ditto of above!
Have photos and writing published.
- I’ve had writing published (second week of January baby! And ongoing!), but no photos yet. Hopefully that’ll change very soon!
Find my dream apartment.
- I scour the online listings every day. Hopefully by the end of the summer I’ll have found it!