Since we just passed the 1/4 year mark (April 1st), I decided to do a quick roundup of my New Year’s Resolutions. Here’s how it looks for me:
Post on my blog at least twice a week. This means 52 x 2 = 104 posts this year. At minimum.
- 101 days = 14 weeks. 14 x 2 = 28 posts. Actual total: 22 posts.
- Behind by 6. I’m not too worried about this one though, because in the summer I usually increase my posting schedule up to 3-4 times a week!
Read 100 books. Not counting anything required for school!
- Current total: 13 books.
- Behind by 14 books, according to GoodReads.
2011 Reading Challenge
- Again, I think I can make this up easily during the summer. I fell off the wagon a bit during midterms (which dragged on, and on, and on) but I finally have one on the go again!
Get a massage.
- Maybe I’ll treat myself to one when I’m in Cancun at the end of the month! Reward for finishing exams?
Spend 1 month eating vegan (at least one, if not more!)
- I have this resolution scheduled for the summer. I’m thinking either June or July.
- It’s in November, so I’m not behind on this one yet.
Complete some kind of physical challenge.
- No idea what this one is going to be! First I’d been thinking: half-marathon. Then I was thinking of hiking the West Coast Trail. Anyone have any ideas? I don’t think either of my original ones are in the cards for this year.
Participate in NaNoWriMo.
- Again, this is in November. I have to be careful not to let myself give up on this project again though!
Watch the Top 250 movies on IMDB (the ones I haven’t already seen!)
- I’ve made a lot of progress! Originally I was at 45/250, if I remember correctly; now I’m at 70/250.
Do one cultural activity per month (theatre, opera, restaurant, etc)
- January: Joseph & the Technicolour Dreamcoat Brunch Theatre
- February: Stones in His Pockets; weekend trip to Ottawa; Raptors game; The Second City
- March: dinners out at m:brgr, Lola Rosa, Amelio’s.
- April: weekend trip to Quebec City!
Save $1000.00 for travelling. Or more, if possible!
- Haven’t made a ton of progress on this. I think I’ll funnel a bit of my birthday money into these savings, and the money I make during the summer as well!
Get into the honours psychology program at my school.
- Applications are due in July.
Get a pet of some kind. I’m thinking a fish to start? Maybe a cat later? :)
- Well, I’ve been using the SPCA’s PetFinder iPhone app religiously..we’ll see, come September.
Host a dinner party.
- Just this past Saturday I hosted a dinner party of 6 for wine + chocolate milk, 3 types of gourmet pizza, and sweet potato fries! It was incredible.
Do some sort of detox.
- One of my good friends is planning to do one in May, perhaps I’ll join her? Juice cleanse!
Go on a retreat.
- Haven’t spotted any that I could do yet, but I’ll keep looking!
Attend a conference on something I find fascinating.
- Ditto of above!
Have photos and writing published.
- I’ve had writing published (second week of January baby! And ongoing!), but no photos yet. Hopefully that’ll change very soon!
Find my dream apartment.
- I scour the online listings every day. Hopefully by the end of the summer I’ll have found it!
How about you? How are your NYR holding up? Let me know in the comments, email me, or tweet me!