My 2012 intentions are set, which means it’s time for the juicy measurable GOALS! I don’t know about you, but I love tracking things, and seeing progress. Which means that I have a lot more fun with measurable goals than with intentions – even though intentions are really important too!
To see the fully updated 2011 New Year’s Resolutions post, click here. I didn’t get as much accomplished as I might have liked, but I aimed for the moon and was really happy with where I landed.
This year, I am being no less ambitious. I know I could have made my blogging goal, so it’s staying the same. Turns out 100 books was too high, so I’m cutting it by a quarter. I’ve made simple adjustments to other goals and added some new ones. Each of them reflects something I want to learn or improve upon, and I
think hope know I can get them all done by the end of 2012 if I really set my mind to it.
I’m posting my goals as a page on the blog here and will be updating it throughout the year. I’ve also created a public spreadsheet that I’ll be updating weekly with my progress. Gotta have that accountability!
Now, without further ado, my 2012 measurable goals!
- Read 75 books this year: This is down a bit from last year’s 100, but since I hit 50 this year 75 doesn’t seem like too much of a stretch!
- Take 5 trips: Doesn’t matter if they’re an ocean or a town away, but I want to take 5 trips, just for fun.
- Bake & decorate 5 cakes
- Bake 4 “breads” from scratch: I want to learn how to actually use yeast!
- Write 100 blog posts (2 a week!): I know this is manageable, I just need to be consistent.
- NaNoWriMo 2012: Again, did it this year, I can do it again! It was such a great experience.
- Submit writing to 3 different newspapers or magazines
- Project 365 (see the photos on Flickr): Take a photo every day. Can’t be too hard, and it will hopefully improve my photography.
- Complete 10 DIY projects: Doesn’t matter if it’s painting a picture for my bedroom wall or building a pencil-holder for my desk.
- Write an ebook
- Take a photo of everything I eat (watch my progress on Posterous): Hopefully I’ll be able to improve my awareness and eat more healthfully.
- Lose 20 pounds: This one might prove to be the hardest of them all!
- Be able to run 10K
So there you have it, my 2012 goals. Have you set any goals for the coming year? If so, share them below! I’d love to hear what you have in mind for 2012. Maybe we can encourage each other in our goals! I know I could use all the help I can get.
Happy New Year! Here’s to 2012 being our best year yet!