Episode 2: The Beginner Writer’s Toolbox (Part 1)
It’s a juicy week for the podcast! This week, we’re tackling the major mental obstacles that most beginning writers have to deal with as they start their journey as a writer. These are big ideas – really big ones! Writing can be very discouraging and difficult at times, so (we hope that) learning what not to do when you start writing can keep you writing for longer! Make sense? Maybe you should watch the video. Or, you can listen to the podcast here.
Make sure to subscribe in iTunes and give us a quick rating while you’re at it!
We mentioned a few different resources this week for the beginner writer. Check them out!
- The Right to Write – Julia Cameron
- The Getaway Car – Ann Patchett
- How Not to Write a Novel – Howard Mittelmark
- Write Great Fiction Series
- Pep Talks, Warnings and Screeds – George Singleton
We also talked up some really great books that we’re reading! These are them.